Monday, November 16, 2015

IMATS


I have work for the next five days, so although I won't be making many posts on here in that time, it will be so nice to be kept busy and to be making some money.
On the weekend I spent both Saturday and Sunday in the city; Saturday was spent shopping and having an amazing lunch at a Chinese restaurant and Sunday was spent at IMATS. Although I had a limited budget at IMATS, I still got to learn about some new makeup brands, see a show on lashes and contouring, and picked up: Real Techniques makeup brushes (sculpting kit), three Modelrock lashes and lash glue, Makeupstore eyeshadow in 'Sun breeze', and a Mac lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy'.

Some other products I discovered at IMATS and am interested in buying in the future:
Sugarpill 'Kitten parade' eyeshadow, which I have heard can also be used as a highlighter.
 

Mac 'Prep +prime fix +. An interesting tip I heard about this was that you can spray it directly on to your beauty blender to help set foundation and concealer.

and Makeup Store liquid eyeliner. This one is waterproof and gives the most precise jet black line (I tested in on my hand at IMATS).
I was actually so excited to discover that Makeup store has a website for Australia and can be bought in Sydney. I was so in love with this brand when I was living in Sweden!
Let me know if any of you have tried these products, as I would love to hear some feedback before I purchase them all at their full retail price.

Otherwise, I have been spending my time working on, and having meetings for, my honours project. I am also now the proud owner of a food blender. I happened to find one discounted online and my dad said he would get it for me as an early christmas present, so I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

For now though, I need to get myself some lunch and get ready for work.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment