Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ramblings.

I know, it's been so long since I posted on here last. I can now say that despite all of my (failed) attempts, regular blogging just isn't my thing.
I can't really say that 2016 has started with a bang. I went to the beach less over my summer holidays,  despite the fact that I live near a beach and usually love being in the water,  I've been to the gym less and am the least fit I have been in a while, I started honours full-time but dropped down to part-time because of major stuff-ups with my thesis topic, adding yet another year to my never-ending degree, I've worked a lot and saved some money, but I've also said no to a lot more things, and doubted myself more. I just feel like time is going too quickly and that I'm suddenly going to be old with nothing to show for my life. Quarter life crisis? Yep, sounds about right. All I want is to be out in the world, meeting new and different people, learning about things that aren't found in my textbooks, and discovering what it feels like to be truly carefree and happy.
Maybe postgraduate study stress is the cause of these thoughts, maybe it's the fact that I'm turning 23 in less than a week, maybe it's just boredom with routine.. and routine isn't something I do well, or maybe it's more deep than that and I need to go on some kind of journey of re-discovery.
Either way, someone buy me a one-way ticket to somewhere in Europe please? Or buy me a holiday flat in London? You'll make me happier than you could ever know.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment